But it’s kind of a weird name for something you eat when you think about it. 🙂
Ladyfingers are not only fun to eat as a treat by themselves, but they can be used within a lot of classic desserts…like tiramisu, trifles and charlottes.
Did you know that Schar products are named after the Dr. Schar that started the company? He was one of the first manufacturers of gluten-free foods for people with gluten issues way back in 1922.
And remember Anne Lee, the beloved nutritionist at the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University?
Well, now she’s Dr. Anne Lee EdD, RD, LD and the Director of Nutritional Services for Schar USA.
Photo: Anne Lee and me. Click here for some fun photos from the past.)
Gluten-Free Raspberry Tiramisu Recipe
Courtesy of the Schar Club
- 1 package Schär Ladyfingers
- 9 oz. mascarpone cheese (*Dairy-free? Try So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk – it’s like full on heavy whipped cream!)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 oz. sugar
- 1 fl. oz. white dessert wine (or sugar water)
- 4 oz. raspberries or other berries as desired
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix together the mascarpone and sugar, and carefully fold under the beaten egg whites.
- Break up the Ladyfingers coarsely and place them in 4 custard cups.
- Wet the biscuits with the wine or the sugar water, then pour a layer of the crème and a layer of the raspberries into each cup.
- In the same manner, repeat the process with additional layers until all the ingredients have been used up.
- Chill for several hours in the refrigerator before serving.
For more great gluten-free recipes and to share your favorites join Schar’s online gluten-free community.
Do you have a gluten-free ladyfinger recipe you’d like to share?
Schar would love for you to share it here. Thanks!
*This post has been sponsored by Schar, obviously. 🙂